Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week ten at Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort - St. Augustine, FL

Our campsite 105

Mike at the beach

Looking south at the beach

Looking North at the beach

Judy at the beach

The beach is right behind the truck camper straight ahead.  Our site is on the right, see green tree

Mar. 16 - 22   On Saturday Mike went golfing with Tom and friends.  Mary and I met them for breakfast.  When we got back to the RV we went to the beach for the rest of the afternoon.  Mike actually went into the ocean twice; the water is very, very cold.  On Sunday we met Evelyn and her daughter for breakfast.  After breakfast Mike and I went to a flea market.  When we got back to the RV we went to the beach for a couple of hours; much cooler than yesterday. On Monday we took a walk on the beach after breakfast.  It was sunny with lots of blue sky, so we came back to the RV and changed into our swimsuits and went down to the beach for the afternoon.  Mike went into the ocean twice again.  For dinner we met Evelyn, Tom and Mary and 2 other couples at Red Frog and McToads Restaurant.  They come to this restaurant every Monday night to have dinner then play Trivial Pursuit against 14 other  teams.  On Tuesday, Mike went golfing with Tom and friends.  After I ate breakfast, I took my bike down to the beach. This beach has a very wide, hard packed sand near the waters edge.  I rode my bike for about a half an hour.  After lunch, Mike and I drove about 5 miles south of our RV site and visited with friends from Pittsford who are here for the month of March, Don and Anne Hutchins.  They took us out to dinner down in Flagler Beach.  On Wednesday  after breakfast, we drove down to the pier at St. Augustine Beach.  Our friend, Mary, has a booth at the Farmer's Market there.  There were more arts and crafts booths than fruit and veg. booths. I did buy another bag of oranges which I will make into fresh orange juice.  I have my mom's electric juicer.  After lunch, I took a walk on the beach.  It was very cloudy and windy; there were only a few people on the beach.  On Thursday, Mike went golfing with Tom.  Mary and I met them for breakfast after they were done golfing.  When we got back to the RV, Mike took a nap and I carried my beach chair down to the beach and sat and read most of the afternoon.  When I came back up, Mike was watching March Madness Basketball, so I made my fresh orange juice; oh it tastes so good.  On Friday Mike, I, Tom and Mary went out to the flea market, near 95, and next to it there is a place where you get strawberries by standing up and cutting them off with scissors.  They were hydrophonic strawberries.  We then went to lunch with Tom and Mary.  When we got home, I took a walk on the beach then sat there and read for a couple of hours.  When I came up, we got ready and went back over to Tom and Mary's and then drove over to their favorite pizza place and had dinner.  We then went back to their house and played cards, Fan Tan with pennies.  I won the most pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment